Popular Posts

Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Blog

I don't think I am much of a blogger.... more of a rambler, so I will ramble and see what comes out.  Even though it did not seem as if the time change was going to effect Kyra much, it was a little more difficult to get her down tonight.  This is partly because of the time change and partly because she has recently learned how to sit up, yet has not quite master the feat of laying back down.  A THUNK is usually the outcome and she has not yet realized that falling over in the crib is not near as bad as falling over on the living room floor.  So, the result is us putting her down, her sitting up, playing, then getting mad because she wants to lay down, yet does not want to fall down.  Melissa would go in there, lay her back down, cover her back up and kiss her goodnight.  5 minutes later, the cycle repeated.  Lis did this 2 or 3 times before she finally stayed down.  Success.

I am getting anxious to go back to work.  It has been 5 months and I have a little over a month to go till I can start my training again, hopefully complete a few of my taskbooks and open a few more so that I might further my career and make myself more valuable to the USDA Forest Service.  The crew has gone from 14 down to 10 and possibly even down to 9 this year.  This means that I will really need to step up, take more responsibility and possibly get more one-on-one training out on the fireline, on the Helitender, or on the helicopter.  It looks like I will get to drive the Helitender this year and be plugged in to some pretty key situations to getr where I want to go.  It really scares my dear ol mother for me to be up in a helicopter, yet for one of the first times in a long time, I am really enjoying the work that I am doing and feel that the Lord really has a plan for the next coming years and I am pretty jazzed about that.

So how about that for a first post? I am sure that I will come up with some far more interesting subjects, yet I just wanted to get some things down to see how it would look on the page.  Pretty silly, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment