Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A New Chapter

A month or so, I was praying, as I was going through another nightmare session with EDD, that the Lord would open up a door so that I might have Full-Time employment, year around that would provide enough money to at least match or exceed what I was making at the Forest Service and on EDD.  Soon after I got this prayer out, I was approached by a good friend with some news.

One of the folks at the local Ambulance Service was resigning and they would need someone qualified to come in pretty quick and fill the position.  I went into the office a few days later and got an application and filled it out.  As a week or so passed, it came to my attention that I was the only one that had applied for the position.  The Board met and voted and I received the position, starting February 20th, 2013.

So, now here I am... the bookkeeper for Happy Camp Volunteer Ambulance Service.  I will be doing much of the financial stuff and am also "first out" Mon-Fri for medical calls.  An EMT-B class will be starting up in March and I should be a qualified EMT-B by Sept of thgis year.  It is an exciting opportunity and I feel that I will be able to do a pretty good job.

It is weird, as I put a bookmark in my employment with the USDA Forest Service.  For the past 6 ywears, they have been a major part iof my life and it is just going to be odd, once Fire Season starts, not to be as involved as I have been for the past half decade or so.  I really enjoyed my years with the Forest Service, yet I really did see that it was time for me to put a bookmark in that chapter of my life and start doing things that would keep me a little closer to home.

Kyra is already noticing my absence when she gets out of school each day and no being there for naptime and the evenings that I have had meetings and such.  It is going to be nice, though, during the summer to get to see her more, take my girls swimming and not be shipped out to a fire at the drop of a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment